This punch is perfect for early fall when the temperatures are still mild (or unseasonably hot), as well as the holidays when cranberries are in everyone’s pantries. A special ingredient adds more delicious flavor to the beverage, and it can easily be adapted for the addition of rum, vodka or other alcohol.
What You’ll Need:
- Crushed ice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar*
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 liter cranberry ginger ale
- Fill a large punch bowl about 1/4 full of ice. Add the juices and, if desired, the granulated sugar. Stir until the sugar is combined, or go to step 2.
- Add almond extract, ginger ale, and if desired, your choice of alcohol. Stir well and serve!
*for a less sweet drink, omit the sugar