Granola bars are perfect for after school snacks, quick on-the-go breakfasts, camping trips, car rides; you get the picture. Homemade granola bars are a step up because you get to be flexible with the ingredients.
((Scroll to the bottom for recipe alteration tips))
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups instant oats
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flaked coconut*
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds*
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients until fully combined. Press flat into the greased pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven. The edges will be slightly browned and the bar texture will be moist and chewy.+
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, then cut into desired squares. Cool completely then serve (or store).
*These ingredients can be swapped out for almost anything (solid). The mixing directions stay the same.
+For crunchier bars, increase the baking time by 2-3 minutes.