These light and airy crepes are perfect for any special occasion – whether that be Mother’s Day, Sunday brunch, or when you’ve decided a random morning calls for a special occasion breakfast.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt (or ⅛ tsp table salt)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (if you desire sweeter crepes)
- Combine all the ingredients, except 1 tbsp butter, in a blender and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds. The batter should be fairly thin but creamy.
- Cover and set batter aside for at least 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes has passed, heat a 9- to 12-inch nonstick pan over medium heat, and add the leftover 1 tbsp butter.
- Let the pan get hot for about 30 seconds, then pour about ¼ cup of crepe batter onto the center of the pan. Swirl the pan around so that the crepe batter coats the whole pan, right up to the edges.
- Cook the crepe for about 30 seconds, or until it has browned, then flip and cook for 10-12 more seconds.
- Remove to a plate and add toppings of your choice (fruit, melted chocolate, whipped cream, etc.). Serve and enjoy!