Today we have a delicious recipe for baked coconut shrimp. This makes a great appetizer (try dipping the shrimp in sweet orange marmalade), as well as a topping on rice. We recommend putting the coconut into a food processor to make it more fine, but that’s not necessary.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 pound of large shrimp
(about 12-15 shrimp),
peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup flaked
- 1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Rinse and dry shrimp.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, salt and paprika until combined; pour the coconut into another bowl. Beat the egg white in a shallow bowl until foamy.
- Dredge one shrimp at a time in the cornstarch, then the egg white and finally the coconut; make sure each shrimp is coated well. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and after about 6 minutes, flip the shrimp and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. Check to make sure the shrimp are pink all the way through, then serve!