Happy Spring Equinox! We’re excited to see our vegetable and flower gardens grow, although with the expected snowstorm we may have to wait a little longer. Nonetheless, today we are sharing a veggie pizza recipe topped with spring vegetables (from the northeast). Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 5 teaspoons basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup greens (spinach or kale)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place a 13 x 18-inch baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. Preheat to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and pesto. Set aside.
- Stretch or roll the pizza dough into a 13 x 18-inch rectangle. If the dough is sticky, lightly dust with all-purpose flour. Remove the preheated baking sheet from the oven and carefully place the dough on top.
- Brush dough with the olive oil. Spread the ricotta and pesto mixture in an even layer across the dough, leaving a border (1/2 or 3/4 of an inch) for the crust. Distribute the vegetables evenly across the dough, then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake until edges are golden brown or until they reach the desired crispiness, about 17-19 minutes. Cool for about 5 minutes before cutting into the pizza, then serve.