Buttercream frosting is a staple in any baker’s kitchen, and since we have not written up a recipe for our blog, we’re doing it now. What makes this recipe different from a standard buttercream frosting recipe, is the incorporation of one extra ingredient; so try it out on your next cake or dessert and tell us if you like it!
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a medium bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and butter with an electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Gradually beat in milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If the frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar. If it becomes too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time.
- Frost a 13×9-inch cake, fill and frost an 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake, or frost two-dozen cupcakes.