Pico de gallo can bring a fresh kick to your tacos, rice, and even your hamburgers and summer barbecue foods. This recipe incorporates an avocado for a little spin on traditional salsa fresca.
What you’ll need:
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 small avocado, halved and seeded
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice and salt.
- Chop avocado into 1-inch chunks, or as desired. Add to above mixture and combine. Enjoy with chips, tortillas or add to a main dish.