Hummus is a great dip to serve along with crackers or chips as an appetizer, game day snack or at a holiday party. This Three Pepper Hummus has a bit of a kick to it as this recipe is written, but feel free to adjust the levels of peppers to cater to your tastebuds!
What you’ll need:
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, oil, lemon juice, peanut butter, garlic and jalapenos. Mix in black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin and oregano.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, mix together on low speed for about one minute, then high speed until the ingredients are blended to your desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Sprinkle extra cayenne pepper on top if desired. Serve and enjoy!