The new year is almost here, so welcome 2017 with glitz and glam as you toast away 2016. Here are some DIY projects to make your New Year’s Eve really sparkle.
- A glittering star garland can be strung along a mantle, or multiple garlands can be hung from the ceiling for a dazzling evening effect.
- If you’re still able to find some outside, adding glitter to pinecones offers a rustic look with a glamorous touch.
- Take it further and add sparkle to acorns and twigs. Or, opt for already-glittered variations at a craft store. Place them in a vase, a rustic trug or along your mantel.
- Don’t forget your glassware! Personalize champagne flutes and wine glasses for your guests with glitter; they also make great party favors!
- And for serving or keeping noisemakers and confetti at the ready, a glitter tray makes a great statement on your coffee table, dining room table or a kitchen counter – just choose your favorite color of glitter!
How are you decorating for and celebrating the new year? Share your plans and ideas with us, have a joyous New Year’s Eve and a wonderful 2017!