These cookies are simple and delicious, and are great to make when you’ve had your fill of pies and applesauce this fall. They are best served with tea or your favorite warm beverage.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 medium apple, chopped*
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening.
- Beat brown sugar, butter and egg in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda and combine well. Stir in apple.
- In rounded teaspoons, drop dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
*We recommend not peeling the apple in order to get the best tasting cookies.