You’ll need a little snack to take with you on your August beach excursions, camping trips or maybe just to nibble on at work. These Apple Chips are simple to make and will satisfy adults, teens and kids of all ages (and will be perfect to pack in lunches when school starts back up in the fall!).
What you’ll need:
- 3 Gala apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 225°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice the apples and remove the seeds (the thinner the slices, the crispier the chips). Place the slices on the baking sheets in one layer.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and brown sugar. Sprinkle half of the mixture over the apples and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove and flip the slices. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon and brown sugar mixture over the unbaked sides and return to the oven; bake for 1 more hour.
- After the time is up, turn the oven off, leaving the chips inside for at least 30 minutes for extra crispiness.
- Take out of the oven and cool completely before eating, serving or snacking. Enjoy!