If you haven’t already heard, July is National Picnic Month, so we can’t help but think about dishes that are ideal for taking with us on the go – to a park, the lake or even when you’re entertaining out on the patio. This potato salad recipe is sure to delight anyone’s taste buds, and feel free to add a few of your own favorite ingredients along the way.
- 2 pounds (approx. 6) medium red potatoes, whole
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow or dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Pepper and/or Paprika, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with at least 1 inch of water. Season with salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain potatoes. Pour ice water into a large bowl, then add the potatoes. After cooling, peel the skin off or leave on if desired.
- Chop the potatoes into small chunks and add them to a large dish or serving bowl. Drizzle vinegar over the potatoes and lightly season if desired.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard. Add to the bowl of potatoes along with the celery, onion and eggs. Mix well.
- Sprinkle pepper or paprika over the top and serve cold.