School is out, summer plans are locked in and you’re ready for sunny adventures and family road trips. While you’re having fun camping, hosting or attending a backyard barbecue, or just enjoying a warm summer night at home, you’re likely to be enjoying delicious food and beverages that you’ve longed for all winter and spring long.
If you’re in charge of the delectable dishes, think light, cool, and snack-like food that friends and family can go back to without feeling too guilty about indulging. Here are six recipes we found that are must-have menu items this summer.
- Will we ever get tired of lemonade? No way! This drink is so versatile and easy to make, you can be really creative with flavors while still achieving ultimate refreshing status. Here is a Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade Recipe that mixes sweet and tart in the best way.
- Another sweet treat can be served with your favorite frozen yogurt or homemade ice cream: a Brownie Bowl Sundae. This is a great recipe for kids too, as they can add their own toppings and ingredients during a summer party.
- Salads are always a big hit in the summertime, and with so many varieties it’s simple to cater to your guests likes and dietary needs. This Caesar Pasta Salad combines everything we love about caesar salad and pasta salad into one creamy dish, while a Grilled Watermelon Feta Basil Salad combines fruit and cheese for a satisfying fruit salad everyone will enjoy.
- For the main event, Steak Potato Kebabs are perfect for heartily feeding your guests while offering freedom from a sit down dinner at a social barbecue – and they can grab one whenever they’re feeling hungry.
- If you want to serve a casserole-style dish, this Tomato Basil Artichoke Baked Chicken takes almost no time at all and offers light flavors perfect for summer.
Of course, a classic chip and dip or fruit and vegetable spread are always great go-to dishes for serving at your summer party – don’t forget the decorative serving platter! Tell us what you can’t live without when entertaining in the summer, and share your favorites with us and let us know what new food or beverages you’re trying out this season.