Don’t worry, you won’t need a machine for this recipe, just your freezer for keeping the ice cream nice and cold. It is Chocolate Ice Cream Day, so while you can make ultimately any kind of ice cream with whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk, this recipe is all about the chocolate.
Let us know if you try it, and remember to share your homemade ice cream recipes in the comments below.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate syrup
- Nuts, white chocolate chips or other additions if desired
Sturbridge Yankee Workshop
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup until well combined; the color should be even. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks with a hand mixer on high speed. Fold into the sweetened condensed milk-chocolate syrup mixture.
- Add desired additions and pour into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or 2-quart container and cover. Freeze for at least six hours, or until firm. Enjoy on a hot summer day or as dessert after dinner.