Cream cheese pound cake is a little variation on the classic vanilla pound cake recipe, but is still as delicious and creamy as the cake your grandmother used to make. You can serve it at Easter brunch, pack it as a snack to eat at work or freeze it to save for a later occasion; we suggest serving it with honey tea or a specialty coffee drink. You’re likely to have all of these ingredients in the house, so let’s get to baking!
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 medium eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and beat until lightly fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Add in eggs one at a time, beating into mixture after each egg. With mixer on low, mix in 2 cups of the flour and the teaspoon of salt until well combined. Add remaining flour and mix well.
- Coat two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans* with cooking spray and immediately pour in batter, halving the mixture between the two pans. Place in preheated oven and cook for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
*One 10 inch Bundt or tube pan can be substituted for the two 8 x 4 loaf pans