It’s true – spring hasn’t officially started. But if you’re like us, you’re definitely thinking about it (perhaps even all year long). Although flowers are some of the simplest decorating tools available to us – regardless of how exorbitantly you arrange them – no matter what time of year it is, there are few pleasure in life like a fresh bouquet of blooming flowers to get our minds off the colder days and looking ahead to warmer ones.
Smaller arrangements of flowers can be used around the house to make your Easter bouquets or centerpieces really blossom among your decor, and to keep your home looking fresh while you hurry to start and complete your spring cleaning. Here are some of our favorite no frills flower arrangements that take no time and little space.
- A colorful or ornate vase can make three simple, fresh-picked flowers an arrangement to admire.
- Sometimes you just need to throw a few different flowers together, complementing them with a little greenery, to enrich any room with the youthful wildflower look.
- Lining up three to five glass vases and filling them with similar or the same flowers adds a sense of formality while still emitting a cheerfully casual look in a kitchen, family room or dining room.
- A shabby chic room will more than likely have plenty of ornamentation; throw heavy or full blossoms in one of those antiqued vases and voila!
- Take the arrangements outside on a patio or to a table in the garden by placing them in a tin or brightly colored watering can. Your outdoor furniture needs ornamentation too; and what’s a better outdoor vase than a watering can?