This yummy breakfast favorite is simple to make and only takes a few ingredients; add chocolate chips, blueberries, bananas or other fruit to make it your own, or serve plain with syrup for a comforting morning meal.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat and pour or scoop the batter onto the frying pan, using about 1/2 cup for each pancake.
- Add chocolate chips or blueberries if desired, wait for batter to bubble up slightly in the pan, flip.
- Once both sides are browned serve hot with butter and syrup, or plain. Enjoy!