December has arrived! We are looking forward to sweet treats, holiday goodies and lively meals with friends and family, so this month we will be featuring recipes that reflect holiday cheer and comfort.
Do you have a favorite holiday cookie, pie, appetizer or main dish that makes the season complete? Share them with us, and enjoy the recipes we share with you.
What you’ll need:
- 9×13 baking dish
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add milk, eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Stir in 3/4 cup toffee bits and pour over crust. Bake 18-22 minutes more or until center is almost entirely set.
- Cool on wire rack for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits and cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Yields about 2 dozen.
- Serve and indulge!