You can never go wrong with these cookies, especially when you want to create a festive dessert to bring to a holiday party but only have a few ingredients in your pantry. These could even pass off as a cheerful breakfast – we won’t tell.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of your favorite fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add vanilla. Slowly mix in sifted flour and combine well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Using your thumb, press a 1/2-inch indentation into the middle of each ball, fill with jam.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until browned at the edges. Let cool and serve!