Happy sandwich day! This is a delicious and healthy chicken salad alteration, and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Share your favorite sandwich in the comments or on our Facebook page, and let us know how you like this one!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup chopped or
shredded cooked chicken
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken, avocado and red onion in a medium bowl. Gently mash the avocado with a spoon or fork and combine well.
- Add cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to mixture. Add lettuce, tomatoes, spinach or other toppings if desired.
- Serve or store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.