Sometimes we like a sweet treat to go with our coffee in the morning, and this scone recipe is the perfect fix. Whether you serve them during brunch or after dinner as a dessert, these scones are sure to please.
What you’ll need:
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
(or, 1 cup more of all-purpose flour)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
(substitute soy milk or almond milk if desired)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Mixture may appear dry.
- Folk in raspberries and white chocolate chips until combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. Knead dough gently until a shaggy ball forms (add flour as needed) and then pat into a circle about 1-inch thick.
- Cut into 8 pieces and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until scones are just starting to turn golden brown on the edges; remove to a wire rack to cool and enjoy!