We are expecting a lot of rain to come rolling through today, and one of the best ways to deal with the cold, wet weather is to get cozy and eat some warm, hearty soup. This Potato Soup will keep you full and toasty throughout the storms, or you can save it for when the weather starts to take a turn for the colder.
- 4 red potatoes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
(we recommend the
low sodium variety)
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
(we recommend 1% or 2%)
- 1/4 sour cream
- 3 bacon slices, halved
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tsp. green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in a pot of water until tender. Cut in half, cool slightly.
- While potatoes are boiling, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for approximately 3 minutes, then add broth.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk; add to broth with remaining milk and bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Pan fry bacon until it reaches desired crispiness and crumble.
- Coarsely mash potatoes into the soup. Top with cheese, green onions and bacon. Enjoy!