Step out of your pizza comfort zone and try one that features light ingredients and delectable herb butter instead of the standard red sauce. For dinner or for lunch, this will become a family favorite that tastes delicious every time.
What you’ll need:
- 1 skinless and boneless chicken breast, fried or boiled
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pizza crust dough
(either 10 ounce refrigerated or homemade)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with garlic, onion and basil. Pour into a chilled dish to cool and refrigerate until set.
- Cut cooked chicken into strips and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough, place onto a pizza stone or other baking sheet and spread the herb butter over the surface using a spoon. Arrange chicken on top, then dot with ricotta cheese. Top with tomato slices, cilantro and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crust is browned and center is cooked through. Enjoy!