Lasagna is an American staple and with so many varieties, it’s difficult to not love at least one lasagna recipe. This recipe is for meat lovers and likers – although you can alter the amounts based on your tastes (something else to love about lasagna!) Make it for a Sunday brunch this weekend, or save it for a cold day in the fall; no matter the weather, it’s always a good time for lasagna!
What you’ll need:
- 9 x 13 baking pan
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each)
undrained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 oz each) tomato paste
- 24 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12-15 lasagna noodles
- Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, parsley flakes, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes with juice and tomato paste; stir until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray; Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, pepper, parsley, parmesan cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- In the pan, layer noodles, meat sauce and cheese mixture; repeat.
- Top off with layer of noodles and sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese. Make sure to cover noodles completely.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes. We suggest covering with foil for about 40 minutes, then uncover for 15 minutes.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!