For camping and backyard barbecue easy-to-make meals, there’s almost nothing simpler than baked beans and hot dogs (especially in New England!). This recipe is packed with protein, and we’re sure the kids will enjoy it just as much as you will.
What you’ll need:
- Casserole dish
- 6 slices of uncooked bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh garlic, minced
- 2 28 oz. cans baked beans
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 hot dogs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon with the onions until evenly browned.
- Add in garlic and while cooking, stir for 2 minutes and drain.
- Place into a large bowl, and add everything but the hot dogs and combine well.
- Mix in hot dogs and transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.