Our recipes have been a little sweet-tooth heavy, and although this week’s treat may be sweet, it has three [healthy] ingredients that will make you feel good about indulging. You do need an ice cream maker, but it doesn’t have to be state-of-the-art, and just think – you’ll be able to make frozen treats all summer long! We hope you enjoy this strawberry Greek frozen yogurt, and we’ll see you next week for a 4th of July recipe!
- Food processor
- Ice cream maker
- Saran/plastic wrap
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup light agave nectar
1. Puree strawberries in a food processor until no strawberry pieces remain after scraping down the sides after processing.
2. If you want to remove the seeds: Force pureed strawberries through a fine mesh strainer into a large mixing bowl.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine strawberry puree, Greek yogurt, and agave nectar and whisk until well blended.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and freeze for 30-40 minutes, stirring once about 15-20 minutes into chilling.
5. Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s directions.
6. Serve soft, or transfer to an airtight container and freeze until semi-firm and enjoy!