That’s right, a recipe that isn’t for a breakfast dish! Although, this Traditional Shepherd’s Pie is so delicious you’ll want to be eating it for every meal. Double up on the ingredients for week long leftovers, or indulge in this warm dish for a week-day dinner. Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes, or until soft. Drain and mash, mixing in the butter and milk until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until just browned. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place the cooked ground beef into the bottom of your glass baking dish and pour the can of creamed corn on top.
- Add the can of sweet corn, distributing it over the creamed corn layer as evenly as possible. Top with the mashed potato, again spreading as evenly as possible.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for 5 more minutes uncovered, or until the top is browned. Will serve about 8 people.