Today’s recipe is perfect for an afternoon snack with a kick. It’s easy to make and takes just a short time to cook – ideal for hungry kids or early guests of a casual event. If you aren’t a big fan of jalapenos, no worries: skip the jalapeno steps and create traditional pigs in a blanket one day this week, or save the recipe for a game day appetizer. Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup diced fresh or canned jalapenos
- 24 cocktail sausages
- 1 (8 ounce) package Pillsbury refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a cooking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Blend the cream cheese and jalapenos until smooth in a food processor. Or, dice the jalapenos as fine as possible and blend.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and cut each into three smaller triangles.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of cream cheese mixture on each roll, add cocktail sausage on top of the cream cheese and roll up.
- Continue for each pig in a blanket, then place on the cooking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot; will yield 24.