Happy Tuesday! Today’s recipe is a sweet treat that can be made for a special breakfast or brunch, while also giving you an option for an after dinner or mid-afternoon dessert. So don’t dispose of those extra-ripe bananas just yet – you just need some chocolate chips and a few more ingredients to be on your way to some delicious banana bread.
What you’ll need:
- 2 loaf pans
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 tablespoons milk
- 3 ripened bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mini chocolate chips (choose to add a lot or just a few)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer on low to combine the sugar and butter. Add eggs, blending while adding milk and bananas. After about 1 minute (it’s okay for the batter to look a little lumpy), add the flour and baking soda and mix until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non-cook spray and divide the batter between the pans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, and test the middle of the loaves with a knife to ensure they are cooked all the way through. Serve warm and enjoy!