Happy Blueberry Pie Day! To celebrate, this week’s recipe combines the fruity taste of blueberry cobbler with a hearty oatmeal cookie recipe to get blueberry cobbler oatmeal cookies. They are quite simple to make, and will bake in under 15 minutes so you’ll be enjoying this delightful treat with a cold glass of milk or some ice cream in no time!
What you’ll need:
- Parchment paper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 1/5 ounces dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, shortening, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add oats, both flours, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix until combined.
- Incorporate the dried blueberries and mix well.
- Drop tablespoon-size amounts of the cookie batter onto the lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies become light golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest for about 1 minute before removing to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm with milk or ice cream, and enjoy! Will make about 3.5 dozen cookies.