This Mexican meal only requires a few ingredients, but your taste buds will be delighted with all of the flavors those ingredients create. The Slow Cooker Chicken is optional, but definitely worth it for getting an all-around delicious chimichanga burrito.
Baked Chicken Chimichangas
What you’ll need:
- 4 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 cups shredded chicken
(either slow cooked, below, or baked)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- oil or cooking spray
- 1 cup guacamole (optional)
- Salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream for dipping.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and grease a baking sheet.
- Lay your tortillas out on a flat surface. Spread re-fried beans in the middle of each tortilla, and spread guacamole (if desired) on top of the beans.
- Add shredded chicken, then shredded cheese, and roll into a burrito.
- Place burritos on baking sheet and spray generously with cooking spray or brush with oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the tortillas are brown and crispy. Serve warm with guacamole and salsa if desired.
Shredded Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 3-4 hours.
- Take off the lid and shred the chicken with two forks. Stir and let sit in juices for about 10 minutes before serving or adding to Baked Chicken Chimichangas.