This creamy alternative to Alfredo sauce will have you and your family loving avocados, if they don’t already! The best part is, the ingredients list is short and simple – as is the cooking process. Let us know if you like it!
What you’ll need:
- Food processor
- 12 ounces spaghetti (or use your favorite pasta!)
- 2 ripe avocados: halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
*these ingredients will yield about 4 servings; adjust if needed
- In a large pot of boiling, lightly salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and set aside.
- Combine and pulse avocados, basil, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor; season with salt and pepper to taste. Slowly add olive oil until emulsified.
- Add pasta back to empty pot and add the avocado mixture, cherry tomatoes, and corn.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!