By preparing your lasagna ahead of time, it will be ready to bake when you are ready to eat.
- 1 lb mild bulk Italian pork sausage or ground beef
- 1 jar (26 to 28 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 egg
- 8 oz uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (16 oz) sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Drain well. Stir in pasta sauce and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, chives, oregano and egg.
- In ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or lasagna pan, spread 1 1/2 cups of the meat sauce. Top with half each of the uncooked noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese. Repeat with 1 1/2 cups meat sauce and remaining noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover; refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover baking dish; bake 50 to 60 minutes or until noodles are tender and casserole is bubbly. Cover; let stand 15 minutes before serving.