April 23, 2014 is National Cherry Cheesecake Day! Celebrate with easy to make and fun to eat miniature cherry cheesecakes made in a muffin tin.
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 vanilla wafers or crushed graham cracker crust
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling, or any pie filling of your choice, homemade or canned
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place a paper or silicone cupcake liner in each cup of the muffin pan. Beat cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Lay a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely. Serve with cherry filling on top, or a pie filling of your choice.