We all need quick meals to make when time is tight and everyone is hungry. Tonight, or any night, make this simple and delicious lasagna guaranteed to please the entire family!
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the ricotta, 1 cup of the Parmesan, the basil, egg, salt, and pepper until well-combined.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce over the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place 3 of the noodles on top of the sauce and drop 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture down the center of each noodle, then spread it to an even thickness.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of the mozzarella.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the sauce evenly over the cheese. Repeat this layering 2 more times.
- For the final layer, place the 3 remaining noodles on top.
- Spread the remaining 1 1/4 cups sauce over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and then the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Spray a large sheet of foil lightly with vegetable oil spray and cover the lasagna. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbling, about 25 minutes longer.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Looking for more bakeware? Take a look at our pottery and stoneware available on our website. From pie dishes to shortbread pans, we have it all!