The Month of March celebrates National Peanut Month. Peanuts are a favorite nut of many, and actually are one of the most purchased snacking nuts here in the U.S. And if you’re not a fan of the nuts themselves, there’s a chance you might still really enjoy peanut butter. So whether you prefer creamy or crunchy, this featured recipe has a little of both. Try these Peanut Crunch Balls, next time you’re making dessert, for a delicious treat. What goes better with peanut butter than chocolate?
What You’ll Need:
1 stick butter, melted
2 cups peanut butter, chunky
1 1/2 cups peanut butter, smooth
3 cups crisped rice cereal
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons Karo syrup
(clear corn syrup)
2 cups Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips
2 cups Ghiradelli Semi-Sweet Chips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, mix melted butter, peanut butter, crisped rice cereal, sugar, and Karo syrup.
2. Line cookie sheets with wax paper. Scoop and roll the mixture into 1-inch balls; separating evenly.
4. Melt chocolate in double boiler, adding 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil at a time; until dipping consistency.
5. Dip balls in melted chocolate, sprinkle and place back on wax paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate until chocolate is set.
6. If adding crushed peanuts, sprinkle tops of balls after dipping into chocolate and before refrigerating; makes approximately 4 dozen.