February appropriately celebrates both National Chocolate Month and National Cherry Month. Combine the two complementing flavors for a delicious treat, with today’s featured recipe: Chocolate Cherry Drop Cookies. These alternative cookies would make a lovely Valentine’s Day dessert as well.
What You’ll Need:
5/8 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all -purpose flour
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
3. Blend in the egg and vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, mix in the chopped cherries and walnuts.
5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
6. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tags: alternative cookie ideas, chocolate cherry cookie recipe, chocolate cherry recipes, chocolate cookie recipe, cookies for chocolate lovers, cookies for valentines day, national cherry month, national chocolate month, valentine's day desserts, valentines day dessert