The nights are getting cooler as we approach the fall season. Warm up with this quick & easy appetizer for dinner tonight or serve at any of your upcoming events. Today’s featured recipe, a Game-Day Corn Chowder, is courtesy of our Super Fast Slow Cooker Recipes Cookbook, shown below.
What You’ll Need:
1 lb. smoked pork sausage
3 c. frozen hashbrowns
(look for hashbrowns with onions & peppers for more flavor)
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
15-oz. can creamed corn
10-3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
1 c. water
**This recipe cooks itself in your slow cooker or crock pot, make in the morning before work and enjoy for a tasty pre-dinner treat.
1. Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat; drain and cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Place sausage in a slow cooker; top with hashbrowns and carrots.
3. In a medium bowl, combine corn, soup and water; mix until blended.
4. Pour liquid mixture over sausage mixture.
5. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
6. Serves 6 comfortably. Enjoy!