Decorating with leaves might be the obvious choice when it comes to decorating for fall, but with our selection of leaf themed products, you’ll wish you could display them year round. And you can, leaf decor lends well to a nature inspired environment and offers the essence of being outdoors, throughout all seasons. At Sturbridge Yankee Workshop, we have an assortment of different types of leaves too; including Aspen, Maple, Oak and more. Before we see how you can decorate with them, let’s take a look at some leaf facts.
1. A leaf is an above-ground plant organ specialized for the use of photosynthesis.
2. They are rich in protein, sugar and minerals, making them great food for animals and humans (i.e. leafy vegetables).
3. Deciduous trees and plants are the ones that lose their leaves during fall.
4. Chlorophyll is the green pigment, that when lost due to less sunlight, is what allows the leaves to turn their pretty reds, oranges and yellows.
5. Fall foliage tourists, called “Leaf Peepers,” find that early to mid-October is the peak for best leaf colors in Northern New England.
Pictured above, is our made in the USA, Leaf Harvest Table Runner. With a solid center and exposed vein detailing on the leaves, this lace table runner will surely be the star of your harvest dining table this season.
Rounding out our leaf tabletop assortment, we have a fabulous selection of leaf placemats. The Quilted Leaf Placemats are machine washable and come as a set of four in bright colors of green, gold, orange, and burgundy. With its handcrafted padding to help you protect your tabletop, these placemats will be your go-to table accent of the season. A more delicate look is found in our Aspen Leaf and Maple Leaf placemats; both with an intricate lace design. Complete your harvest feast with our new Leaf Napkin Rings, and you’ll have the best looking table around. Shown here to the left, the metal leaves are painted in orange, red, mustard and brown; offering an individually unique leaf for each guest.
For an alternative to the typical leaf, we hope you’ll see the beauty in our Sugar Maple Iridescent Ornament. A copper Iridescent dipped, real Sugar Maple leaf is attached to a green organza ribbon. This autumn ornament is ready to hang in window or adorn a wrapped gift. Proudly handcrafted in the USA of natural materials, we have other real leaf ornaments available.
~ Browse more Leaf & Harvest Decorating Ideas.