We will celebrate the Fourth of July tomorrow and with that brings a celebration of food. Barbeques and picnics will most likely be on the agenda, but what are you bringing? Today’s recipe offers an unexpected and farm fresh salad option. Consider making a Magnolia Blossom Salad, courtesy of our Farmers’ Market Favorites Cookbook (shown below), for a refreshing addition to the party.
What You’ll Need:
8 c. mixed salad greens
1/2 c. sweet onion, cut into rings
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
2 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and halved (our Kitchen Egg Timer shown below, makes it easy to tell when your eggs are hard boiled)
1 t. salt
1/4 c. oil
2 T. orange juice
2 T. lemon juice
3 drops hot pepper sauce
1. Arrange greens in a serving bowl; top with onion.
2. Layer on avocado and oranges.
3. Remove yolks from eggs; set aside. Dice egg whites and sprinkle over oranges.
4. Mash egg yolks; blend with remaining ingredients.
5. Drizzle over salad; toss lightly. Serves 6.