As we celebrate National Blueberry Month the entire month of July, we need to find new ways to use this antioxidant rich fruit in new recipes and with other complimenting ingredients. And today, National Peach Ice Cream Day, is the perfect excuse to combine the two. Today’s featured recipe is courtesy of our Farmers’ Market Favorite Recipes Cookbook seen below. Try our ‘Just Peachy’ Blueberry Crisp for dessert tonight.
What You’ll Need:
3 c. peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
1/2 c. blueberries
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. sugar
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. long-cooking oats, uncooked
1. Arrange peaches and blueberries in a buttered 8-9 inch square baking pan. (Consider our Haeger Square Baker, made of durable natural stone).
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar; toss gently to coat.
3. Combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter and oats.
4. Sprinkle dry mixture evenly over fruit mixture.
5. Bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes.
6. Serves 6-8. Top with some vanilla ice cream or peach flavor if you have it, and enjoy!