This summer you may be lucky enough to get your hands on some fresh crab meat at your local fish market, and if so, we have the recipe for you. To accompany the Creamy Crab Stew, we also suggest some Crispy Spinach Cakes for a welcomed side dish. Today’s featured recipes are courtesy of our Easy 5 Ingredients or Less Recipes Cookbook, both made with less than 5 ingredients each.
What You’ll Need for Stew:
1 lb. crab meat, cooked
10-3/4 oz. cans of cream of celery soup
10-3/4 oz. cans of cream of chicken soup
What You’ll Need for Spinach Cakes:
14-1/2 oz cans of spinach, drained
3/4 c. bread crumbs
1/2 – 3/4 c. milk
oil for deep frying
Directions for Creamy Crab Stew:
1. Mix all ingredients together in large sauce pan or deep stock pot.
2. Add one soup can filled of water.
3. Mix well and heat thoroughly on medium to high heat, without boiling.
4. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired, makes 4 to 6 servings.
Directions for Crispy Spinach Cakes:
1. Mix all ingredients together, except oil, to form a “dough” and set aside.
2. Heat 1/2-inch depth of oil in a heavy skillet.
3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into hot skillet.
4. Heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden on each side. Makes 10 to 15, palm sized cakes.