Summer is just around the corner and that means eating outdoors and outdoor entertaining. Today’s recipe features a cold pasta salad that you can make ahead of time and pull out of the fridge when ready. It also highlights farm fresh ingredients, courtesy of the Farmers’ Market Favorite Recipes Cookbook. Enjoy an Artichoke-Tortellini Salad for lunch or as a compliment to your next outdoor meal.
What You’ll Need:
- 7-oz. pkg refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 c. broccoli flowerets
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 T. pimento, chopped
- 6-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2-1/2 t. fresh basil, chopped or 1/4 t. dried basil
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 c. Italian salad dressing
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Garnish: sliced black olives, grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cool water.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except tomatoes and garnish.
3. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours to blend flavors.
4. When ready to serve, add tomatoes and toss lightly. Garnish with olives and cheese; serves 6.