As we wind down the last week of National Sweet Potato Month, here is a hearty recipe that highlights this delicious vegetable and will be perfect for dinner tonight.
- 6 Bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed, trimmed of fat.
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 2 lbs. of Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into spears.
- 2 Teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 lb. White button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 6 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
Directions: Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, wine, rosemary, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 5 hours. Before serving, remove bones from the chicken, if desired, and stir in vinegar. Enjoy!
<– Check out more delicious meals to make in your slow cooker with our very useful Super Fast Slow Cooker Recipes cookbook.