Use convenient frozen tortellini and quick-cooking boneless turkey chunks (or leftover turkey). Try serving with grissini bread sticks and Parmesan cheese, or add 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree to the mixture at the end and heat through for a creamier texture.
You Will Need:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium carrot(s), cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 2 stalk(s) celery, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices (medium)
- 1 1/2 large onion(s), chopped
- 1/2 medium parsnip(s), peeled and chopped, or 1 small
- 5 Cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound(s) turkey breast, cut into 1⁄2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound(s) frozen cheese tortellini, without sauce,
- 1/3 Cup(s) parsley, fresh
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- Heat the oil in a nonstick Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, and parsnip and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the turkey and tortellini; return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and season with the pepper.