Three words: moist, sweet, delicious. A terrific go-to dessert for any occasion.
You Will Need:
- cooking spray
- 2 large eggs & 3 large egg whites
- 2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 oz light cream cheese
- 3 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, vanilla extract and almond extract; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter until blended.
- Beat in sugar, baking powder and salt until blended.
- Beat in flour and egg mixture, little by little, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 slices and serve, or add to a Trifle.