Here’s a way to celebrate Bake for Family Fun month and Chocolate Mint day at the same time! We’re all for multi-purpose things at Sturbridge Yankee. After all, new England is home to the ever-practical Shakers. This recipe is another box-cake gourmet creation so it’s kid friendly as well as tasty.
You Will Need:
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix and all its requisite ingredients
- 2 T peppermint extract
- 2 can chocolate frosting
- 1/2 bag York Peppermint Patties (frozen)
- 1 hammer
- Prepare cake mix as per instructions on the box with the addition of 2 T peppermint extract. Bake as directed on box and cool completely.
- Unwrap frozen peppermint patties and place in heavy bag. Pound to crumbs with hammer.
- Turn cooled cake onto serving dish.
- In glass or ceramic bowl, soften frosting in microwave.
- Dribble frosting over cake. Sprinkle with peppermint patty crumbs, serve and enjoy.