Warm, rich soups are good for the soul. This recipe makes a hearty soup, perfect as a side dish or even as a meal.
You Will Need:
- 2 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1-14oz can of diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix tomatoes, basil, oregano, and garlic. Simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream, butter, salt and pepper.
- Continue stirring until the butter is melted – Do not boil.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.