One of Sturbridge Yankee’s team members has a mother whose favorite candy is the seasonally available chocolate covered maraschino cherry. For her mother’s birthday, one of our team members created a scrumptious variation.
What You’ll Need:
- Devil’s Food Cake batter
- 2 cups maraschino cherries, separated
- 2 cups chocolate ganache
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour one 9″ Bundt pan.
- Chop 1 cup of the maraschino cherries in half and add to Devil’s Food Cake batter, along with 2-3 tablespoons of maraschino cherry juice. Stir until incorporated.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick (or cake tester) inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool and turn onto a wire rack or cake plate. Drizzle chocolate ganache over cake and place remaining cherries along the top. Lightly sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar if desired.